Wednesday, March 4, 2009

New England


























TRAPPED.
SUFFOCATING.
LANDLOCKED.
CLAUSTROPHOBIC.

I need to get out.
I need to see the ocean,
feel the salty breeze on my cheek.
I need to feel embraced by trees all around me.
This place is a barren waste land.
I need reality, not surreality.
I need to feel the music in my veins again.
I need to go somewhere and feel the bass in my stomach.

The bass of a bass guitar, not rap bass.
I need to feel the warm sun beating on my skin.
I need space. Physical space.
I need a place to call mine own.
I'm not home-sick. I don't miss my house, my parents, my sister.
I miss me... I don't know who I am or why I'm here.
I thought it'd be easy to just take some classes and figure out who I am.
But it just made me realize how hollow I am. How driven without a purpose I am.

I have the ability to have a purpose... and I can't find one I like.
I don't want to have a career but I don't want to be the stay at home mom who turns into a blob... I want and need a purpose. If I do turn out to be a stay at home mom.. I want to be a good one. Not just the one who wakes up late, rushes the kids, then watches Ellen, Rachel Ray, Oprah, etc all day. I'm pretty sure I don't want cable. Maybe I don't want a TV cause it's just a reason to do nothing all day. Same with a computer.. unless it's in a remote place of the house.. Like, back in the day, my household computer was in the attic. 40 degrees in the winter tops and 80 degrees minimum during the summer [and many MANY bees found their way up there.]











This isn't it.


1 comment:

Bex =] said...

It's definitely a learning experience.
I wish I was there to share it with you, but then again I'm glad that I'm not.
This is your time. =]
I don't know how you're going to find your purpose. But try to remember, what your purpose in life may be, could end up to be something that you may not fully want.
I love you.
You're doing super well.
Remember that all things come with time. And honestly, finding one's purpose is a life process.
I'm proud of you!!!
You'll find out more about yourself once this is all said and done. Guarenteed.
=]
<3