Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Favorite quotes from LOTR III

Because I am that much of a dork...

"Home is behind, the world ahead... And there are many paths to tread. Through shadow, to the edge of night, until the stars are all alight... Mist and shadow, cloud and shade, all shall fade... all... shall... fade... "

"I will not say, Do not weep, for not all tears are an evil."

"I don't want to be in a battle. But waiting on the edge of one I can't escape is even worse."

"You think you are wise... Yet for all your subtleties, you have not wisdom. Do you think the eyes of the White Tower are blind? I have seen more than you know. With your left hand you would use me as a shield against Mordor, and with your right you would seek to supplant me."

"This day does not belong to one man but to all. Let us together rebuild this world that we may share in the days of peace."

"Tonight we remember those who gave their blood to defend this country. Hail the victorious dead."

"How do you pick up the pieces of an old life? How do you go on? When in your heart you begin to understand, there is no going back. [Frodo sits at Bilbo's writing desk.] There are some things that time cannot mend. Some hurts go too deep... and they've taken hold."

Sam: Do you remember the Shire, Mr. Frodo? It'll be spring soon. And the orchards will be in blossom. And the birds will be nesting in the hazel thicket. And they'll be sowing the summer barley in the lower fields... and eating the first of the strawberries with cream. Do you remember the taste of strawberries?

Frodo: No, Sam. I can't recall the taste of food... nor the sound of water... nor the touch of grass. I'm... naked in the dark. There's... There's nothing. No veil between me and the wheel of fire. I can see him... with my waking eyes.

Sam: Then let us be rid of it... once and for all. Come on, Mr. Frodo. I can't carry it for you... but I can carry you.


The reason why I love this movie so much is that it shows that you have to fight the evils that are presented before you. But it also shows the compassion and love of those who fight the same battle against evil. Some, like Boromir, aren't completely able to fight that battle and are susceptible to the powers of evil, but Boromir wasn't evil himself. He was proud and his pride was his downfall. Faramir, on the other hand, was completely humble and tried so hard to make his father proud. But his father was proud, not of him, but proud and greedy. He fell to evil. LOTR just shows the traits of mankind that lead to abominations that are not mankind-like. Orcs. SO, moral of this story, is if you become evil, I shall call you an Orc.

2 comments:

Bex =] said...

Kitty.
What in the WORLD are you talking about?!

Orcs come from tortured elves.
Not HUMANS.

You silly.
=]

Cat[Catastrophe] said...

Shh, I'm the one who taught you that, and NO ONE ELSE HAS TO KNOW. You're killing my analogy!!


PEOPLE, DO NOT BECOME ORCS. BE GOOD.