Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Beautiful!

It has been completely gorgeous lately. I love when it is 47 degrees. I wish it were not as windy, but take what you can get. Unfortunately, I was stupid enough to wear a skirt today, but it was COMFY, man! My window is fully open right now and it is 38 degrees here. But 38 is so WARM. You'd expect it to feel so cold, well, I would expect it to feel so cold-- I'm a New Englander after all. =P It says that the humidity is 70%, but I don't believe it. It still feels so DRY. And I hope the summer is a dry heat like I was promised.

I can't wait to send stuff home. Haha. I have so much of it! My parents are sending me a box of stuff that should be here by Monday, latest.. I hope. So, I will use that box and send stuff right back to them. If it's big enough, maybe I can get a coat or two in there.

So, aside from Gabe, my best friend out here is Kevin-Ashley. I can't separate them. They're married for Pete's sake. [I know, always blaming Pete.] But, I LOVE talking to Kevin when I need advice, and I'm sure that I will be talking to Ashley soon enough for some advice. They are some smart people, fo' sho. They have gone through a lot of different and difficult trials in their lives and I know I can turn to them because they can relate in SOME way to an aspect of my trials. And they're just fun to talk to. I got to talk to Kevin today, so I'm wicked in a good mood. I really do look forward to seeing them. I get to see them this Thursday if plans work out, AND on Sunday, and if they go to the Logan fire-side, I'll see them Monday. But, I'm going to get to meet SO MANY rad new people on Monday. I'm pumped and really really nervous. 90% excited and 10% scared, or maybe the other way around. :P

And as kind of an aside... girls here are WAY over-the-top, O.D., touchy-feely. Like, in church they scratch eachother's backs, run their fingers through eachother's hair, rub their backs.. it's just so odd. I mean, church is isolation time. For realz, let me study the gospel by my self without you touching me. It's just so strange to me. Haha. No wonder I'm not getting any female friends around here.. I'm not physical enough. ;)






I haven't seen LOTR III since my baptism, and I get it. Haha. I see all the analogies. The Chosen One, the temptation, how the Chosen One bore all our suffering. I'm REALLY corny, I know, but if you really invest your time into it, you can see it all. In all reality, Christ is kind of personified by both Gandalf and Frodo. But Gandalf is like Heavenly Father as well, which, to be frank, Christ and Heavenly Father are one in the same. :P
Imma shut up before I sound TOO much like a total nerd.
HAHAH. And I want everyone to know that I totally watched the extended version and the credits are 21 minutes long. CRAZY, I KNOW. They list EVERYONE who is involved in the official LOTR fan club though, and that is over 100,000 names, legit. It costs forty dollars per year to be an official fan. Elijah Wood, who played Frodo, was the first member of this club. Go figure. Second was probably Peter Jackson, director of the films. He is one of my heroes. =]Oddly enough, I can't seem to find this fan club.... hmmm.. just info on it. Not that I was going to join at FORTY dollars per year. Gosh.

No comments: