Tuesday, October 6, 2009

125. Survive

I love and envy how my best friend is doing amazingly in Rexburg on her own and everything. I'm so shy without her and she is just so outgoing and in love with life that people can't help but gravitate towards her. Without her, I am so socially awkward; it's just who I am. I'm just so glad that she is able to adjust better than I was able to. It took me three months to be secure there, and frankly, I did it better when I was on my own- truly on my own- and with good, grounded room-mates. It made me more secure and aware of myself. I miss it there where I had good people and clean surroundings.

However, here, at my old home, it is hard to live without her here. I am surrounded by nothing but my past and expectations. The only thing that I truly own, that cannot be taken from me, burned, or left behind is my past. And it sadly cannot be forgotten by myself, or others.

2 comments:

Walking Bear said...

opinion--you should never forget the past because it helps us prepare for the future. If I forgot my experiences in the temple, I wouldn't be as motivated to get better.

Bex =] said...

You make me sound cool.

YER JUST AS AMAZING.
Get a little confidence, playah.
Sheesh.
=]
LOVE LOVE LOVE! <3