You know when you step on the scale and expect a huge number, then you glance down and see a smaller number than what you expected? I love that feeling. =]
You know that feeling when you have a piece of lasagna and say, "my that was quite excellent, I think I'll have another piece even though I'm full," and then you decide not to eat that extra piece. I love that feeling.
You know that feeling when you look around the room and only a few items are out of place, and other than that your room is tidy, organized and functional? I love that feeling.
You know that feeling when you tell someone your standards of keeping the Sabbath holy, not swearing, spending nights with your family, not drinking, going to tons of different meetings and classes and people respect that about you? I love that feeling.
You know that feeling when you live such standards as listed and you don't go back on any of it by skipping meetings, wearing tank tops, bikinis, drinking coffee, et cetera? I love that feeling.
This is a feeling you may not know, but I love this feeling nonetheless. When your sister who is 16, has a mental capacity of a 9 year old and a reading level of a 7 year old who is addicted to tv, movies and online games asks to borrow a book for the first time in her life and reads forty pages into it in one night and comprehends what is going on and how the book is different from the movie and even states that the book is, so far, better than the movie. Yeah, I love that feeling. Every time I asked her what was going on in the book she said, "I'm on page 30 and Bella is emailing her mom." When I prompted further, she said, "Yeah, she hasn't emailed her in a long time." An hour later I asked again, "Where ya at?" And she replied, "They're at school and its snowing. It didn't snow in the movie." Comprehension. She is reading Twilight and knows what is happening. She can state the differences between the book and the movie. What a blessing to see her read. I never thought I would see the day when she would willingly hold a book. I'm trying to not be too excited about it around her because she would get weirded out by it and abandon the cause. I am just so proud of her and I love that feeling.
2 comments:
All I can do is smile.
=]
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!~! YAY
an the feeling when you see the not-so-big number on the scale, and then you step on the scale again and its getting closer to the really big number....that's where I am right now, lol.
but YAAYAYAYYAYAYY!
I love Xtine!
Post a Comment