Sometimes I read through old blog entries as opposed to journal entries. (The blog ones are less depressing.) And, well, lately I've been wondering a few things about myself and what I believe to be true for myself. I've been doing "what if" scenarios for weeks now and have come to no answer. And until I find my answer, I will live my life as I have planned it. Maybe when I find an answer my life will go on just as I have planned it, or it may change drastically. Either way, I know things will be fine. Well, while I was reading through some old posts of mine I found an entry where I put up about 100 different quotes. I LOVE quotes. I love knowing that a sentence or two can change someone's perspective of an issue. Well, as you guys know, I'm dating Devin. Now, it's nothing serious. He's afraid of commitment and I'm leaving in April, so it's rather perfect. We just kind of hang out and enjoy each others company. But, while hanging around him, I realized that I still like his type. "His type" sounds rather categorizing, so let me clarify. I wasn't necessarily a "rebel" in high school, but I didn't like the normal jock boy who had great hair and biceps. I didn't imagine myself with them. I didn't exactly see myself dating anyone in the school, but I did imagine myself with a guy who had strange quirks to him. A guy who had a past, a story. I wanted to be frustrated by him. Kind of like a situation in "Sweet Home Alabama," the movie. I DO like a guy with piercings and tattoos. I can't help it. That doesn't mean that I'm dying to go out and get myself some piercings and tattoos. So, what happens if I, a Latter Day Saint, fall in love with such a man? That is my worry. (I do worry about strange things, haha.) This is where the whole, reading quotes in old journal entries ties in.
"When love comes so strong, there is no right or wrong; your love is your life." -West Side Story
No comments:
Post a Comment