Devin. Ya'll remember him, right? I'll pretend that you do.
Well, he and I have been flirting ever since I started working at Lowe's. When I started at work, I knew I didn't want to date anyone. I didn't want to play the time game since I know how wrong it can potentially go in the end. I remained so steadfast through 3 months of intensive flirting until the flirting became more than a surface kind of flirting. I surprised him. I surprised him when I knew what BBW meant. He hadn't really had a girl surprise him like that. Maybe he has only dated superficial girls, I don't know, but I guess my random knowledge impressed him. Well, last night, he finally did what I had been expecting him to do for so long. The evening was filled with the normalcy of flirting as per usual. Then he asks what time am I working till? I get out an hour and a half earlier than him. Did I have my lunch yet? Yes. His response was, "I'm taking you out to dinner sometime." Me: "This is a statement and not a question. Did you mean to ask me out for dinner?" Devin: "It's a fact that I'm taking you out. Where would you like to go?" Me: "Well, since you asked and you want to go out, you have to decide on dinner." So, for the rest of the evening, when he would pass by me, he would ask a question that would lead to a better idea of where he could take me for dinner. "Do you have a special diet?" (As in vegetarian, vegan, etc.) "Do you have a boyfriend?" No. "Good, I don't have to worry about getting beat up." He wanted to know when he ought to take me, so during my fifteen minute break I gave him about 4 evenings for which I was available and I gave him my number so that he could call me. Well, I wasn't very strategical with my note. I meant to leave him the note then have him find it after I left therefore forcing him to call me. However, as I stood at Self Check near the break room, I realized that he could hypothetically have a break as well soon. I couldn't leave self check to go into the break room to get it back, nor could I keep him from going into the break room to his locker. As I predicted, he had a break while I was still there. He ducked into the break room while I was with a customer. Pretending I didn't see him, I grabbed some spray cleaner and paper towels and began to clean the water fountains directly outside the break room. From there I watched him go to his locker, grab the note, walk over to the schedules and compare our schedules. He then came out to me and said, "So, how about this Wednesday and next Monday?" Me: "Aren't you getting a little greedy trying to get a second date before we've had a first date?" Devin: "Probably, so how about it?" Me: "You're getting pushy." Devin: "You don't seem to really mind." Me: "What would you suggest we do on this second date?" Devin: "The cliche movie and dinner." I then explained to him that I won't watch a rated R movie, we discussed a little about Mormonism. He suggested the movie Sherlock Holmes to which I agreed. He then started thinking of places we could eat. He mentioned the many steakhouses there. I didn't get too overly excited for that. Olive Garden? Meh. "Well," he said, "what about this buffet place that has Japanese, Chinese . . ." I didn't even let him finish. "You had me at Japanese." He asked if I liked all things Japanese. I specified that I prefer Korean over Japanese, but I still love Japanese. I also included the fact that I'm currently addicted to Korean dramas, both tv shows and movies. This, too, surprised him. "You're very unique; it's adorable."
I'm excited and kind of scared for our dates. I do like him, and that's the problem. I don't want to play the time game. He and I get along very well; we're very similar in some aspects, yet very different in some as well. I don't want to lead him on or anything. Of course I'm over-thinking things way too early since I don't even know where our dates will take us. But, he seems to respect me thus far. I said no to R movies and he is okay with that. I said that I'm not comfortable around people who smoke, do drugs and drink, and he is okay with that too. These aren't huge requests, but they are a little abnormal for this day and age. Yes, he has a tattoo and seven piercings, but I am not going to judge him for that as others do. Beneath the three pounds of metal in his face, he is quite adorable. I just have to encourage him to leave the metal out sometime. :P
Oh, and he did call me last night. He didn't have a reason to. I normally hate talking on the phone, but this time, I didn't seem to mind too much. In fact, I kinda liked it. Here's to a good winter.
1 comment:
:D <-- My face whilst reading this post. YAY!!! I love randomly reading your blog and finding good things.
Post a Comment