I can do it. I know I can. Moments like I've had remind me of how much I have to work at it. Moments like I've had remind me that I'm different.
I won't have a normal marriage.
I won't have a normal family.
I will struggle often.
We will struggle often.
But I know that there will be so much love.
You know how I figured this all out?
I watched six straight hours of South of Nowhere.
I'm not going to be able to fill the normal, stereotypical "Mormon Mom" rules, but I think that will make me stronger, my future marriage stronger and my future children stronger. I will be able to relate to my children about everything and anything, and no matter what they choose in life, I will love them.
How will I not be normal?
I will not pressure my future children to be baptized immediately at age eight.
I will make sure that they understand that everything they are being taught in Primary is what the Mormons believe and that other people believe many different things and I will tell them what other people believe. They will NOT be ignorant children. There are many different people out in the world who do terrible things, but they should not JUDGE that person because they are sinning differently than they are themselves.
This is turning into a rant, but being here I have seen the way that some people view life, and they view life through a tunnel; they have tunnel vision. Some people see in black and in white. I always want to be able to see the gray and appreciate the gray.
No comments:
Post a Comment