I can't wait to go home.
I feel so opposite of Becca who is SO anxious to be here.
But I can't wait to see my family and friends.
And especially my ward family.
Sometimes I drift off just thinking about my ward family.
I think about how everyone is sitting where they always sit.
The Dennis family,
the Carling family,
the Giullian family,
etc.
Then, I think about the next hour.
I often remember myself more in Sunday School than in Primary.
I think about Brother Poulliot and his lessons.
His lessons always left such a great impact on me.
Especially the lesson on the olive grove.
Just thinking about it makes me tear up.
I love that man and I really can't wait to see him,
and to hear him say,
"Hello, Catherine the Great!"
Then, I think about the third hour.
I often remember myself more in Relief Society than in Young Woman's.
I love sitting down in the Relief Society room and listen to the mothers talk about their children.
[Even if their child is my best friend, haha.]
It is actually where I find the most comfort.
The lessons hardly ever apply and most of the women are quite older than I,
but I find comfort in these women.
I'm trying to create a ward family here,
but it just isn't the same.
I don't feel that amazing connection.
We all don't seem willing to make the huge connection because we know that in a few months
we will be in a new ward... again.
It is quite tedious to switch wards all the time.
I love my ward right now.
My bishopric is amazing.
The people are amazing.
The chairs are not amazing. :P
But the atmosphere is amazing.
We all seem to be working for one common good,
and this time?
This time, we are achieving.
And that feeling...
is amazing. <3
I feel so opposite of Becca who is SO anxious to be here.
But I can't wait to see my family and friends.
And especially my ward family.
Sometimes I drift off just thinking about my ward family.
I think about how everyone is sitting where they always sit.
The Dennis family,
the Carling family,
the Giullian family,
etc.
Then, I think about the next hour.
I often remember myself more in Sunday School than in Primary.
I think about Brother Poulliot and his lessons.
His lessons always left such a great impact on me.
Especially the lesson on the olive grove.
Just thinking about it makes me tear up.
I love that man and I really can't wait to see him,
and to hear him say,
"Hello, Catherine the Great!"
Then, I think about the third hour.
I often remember myself more in Relief Society than in Young Woman's.
I love sitting down in the Relief Society room and listen to the mothers talk about their children.
[Even if their child is my best friend, haha.]
It is actually where I find the most comfort.
The lessons hardly ever apply and most of the women are quite older than I,
but I find comfort in these women.
I'm trying to create a ward family here,
but it just isn't the same.
I don't feel that amazing connection.
We all don't seem willing to make the huge connection because we know that in a few months
we will be in a new ward... again.
It is quite tedious to switch wards all the time.
I love my ward right now.
My bishopric is amazing.
The people are amazing.
The chairs are not amazing. :P
But the atmosphere is amazing.
We all seem to be working for one common good,
and this time?
This time, we are achieving.
And that feeling...
is amazing. <3
1 comment:
i think you, becca, and i are a family.
the convert family.
Post a Comment