Monday, May 4, 2009

People Watching

Sometimes I look at people and wonder if they grew up around here or somewhere near-by. Then I wonder what their life was like living around here. I imagine driving down the road and seeing for miles in any direction and the clear lines of mountains in the distance. At night, you can see the entire city laid out before your eyes, city lights meld together to create a pool of light. With this pool of light, you can see that this city lies in the shadow of a great mountain. I try to imagine myself living here and I choke. I ask myself why I can't live here. It's beautiful here with the mountains and the snow, the desert... it IS beautiful. I sit and I ponder.. why can't I live here? Then it hits me... there is no escape. What do I mean by that? In the olden days people would dwell by water, ANY water, in order to travel and live. I think I like that thought process. I feel claustrophobic with just land surrounding me. Landlocked never had more of a true sound to me. Locked. If I stand at the expanse of the ocean, I feel free. I look out and can see the curvature of the planet and there is nothing obstructing that view. And, if not the ocean, I at least need a system of rivers around me. Even in Ftown I had a few river and creek systems around me. I like it. =]

I guess, to put it simply, I'm a water person. And, no shock, my hands are wicked dry. Haha.

No comments: