Saturday, April 11, 2009

What I think:

I think the world is full of desensitized offensive phrases... and I'm very sick of it all.

This is my challenge:
If you say "that's gay," or "that's retarded," try a different phrase. You could REALLY offend someone by using either of those words inappropriately.

If you're using the word gay like that, you're saying something is stupid, so you're comparing a gay person to a stupid something?

"I got an F on my paper, isn't that gay?" You're making a connotation that a gay person is as bad as an F on a paper.

"Yeah, that's wicked retarded." Retard means to slow. Yeah, that's wicked slow....? Nawt. It really doesn't make sense in that sentence. Also, we all know that people who are "slow" are referred to as retards, even though the now politically correct way to refer to these people are mentally/physically challenged or disabled. So, you're comparing the ridiculousness of something to a mentally/physically disabled person? Yeah, makes no sense to me.

It takes a less intelligent being to used words such as these, it takes a more intelligent person to use more respectable words.

It's all about respect, people. Do you respect?

2 comments:

Bex =] said...

LOLL.

Gatita.

You use slut and whore now as a phrase of endearment. That's wicked not cool, LOLL.

But, I agree.
I'm so glad that I got out of the habit of saying those two things.
Even the 'ghey' thing hardly ever comes out. =]

Oh. And the whole meal prayer thing, I'm not focusing on those. It's the beginning of the day, end of the day ones that I'm working on. =]
Ohhh, man. The gym.
=P
Soooo... blahhhhh.
LOL.

Love you!

Walking Bear said...

HAHAHA. I'm amazed neither of us tackled Cass today with all of her comments. I was just like...aaaugh, she did NOT just say that...ope, she said it again...

anyway.

I almost told the gang I was gay after Tyler just kept saying how something was gay. I'm not sure how that would have worked out.

I NEVER say that, but sometimes I do say "that's so retarded." I hate it. When I catch myself I'm like...ugh. But, I totally say slut/whore/skank ALL the time, lol. Usually with the proper connotation, haha.