Saturday, April 25, 2009

Beginning of the semester wonderings

It's the beginning of the semester so I, of course, have new classes. [duh]
With the beginning of each new class comes my hesitation.
It's a good hesitation, though.
It's where I take a step back and think about what I really want.
Do I REALLY want to do English?
And my answer is simply,
I don't know.
My English class bores me the most thus far.
My Communications class is going to be challenging,
personally.
It offers me new challenges to embrace, and I like it.
And I LOVE my World Foundations class,
which is like, World History.
Greeks, Romans, Sumerians, Mesopotamians,
EPICS... etc.
I DON'T like the whole being graded on the Fall of Adam and Eve part, though.
I perceive it differently than the standard LDS way,
and I'm graded on my perception, which I'm not a fan of.
But, I'll regain myself from that bad quiz grade.

SO, do I really want to do English?
I DON'T know. I really don't.
I could go into communications.
Or at least minor in it since I know I need communication skills.
I'm not very professional when it comes to communicating,
and I know that that hurts me...
especially in today's world.
Gotta be amazing to be on top.
I could even major in communications.
But, I don't know where that would land me.

I want to edit books.
And just recently I decided that I want to edit books that are not boring.
Haha.
So, all those helpful, self-help, informative, auto-biographical, biographical books,
I don't want to edit them.
I want to edit CREATIVE WRITING.
That in and of itself is a paradox.
Creative writing shouldn't always be edited, exactly.
But that is what I love about it.
The ability to just WRITE and not worry about FORM.
Write to express.
Write.
=]

I don't think writing should be dictated.
Guided.
Controlled.
It's expressive.
Emotive.
Cathartic.
=]

So is my goal of editing moot?
Haha.

Maybe I want to teach ancient times.
ANCIENT of ancient times.
Mesopotamia and Sumer kind of times.
GILGAMESH!
OEDIPUS!
ANTIGONE!
[Pronounced Anne-tig(like Tigger)-'o-knee]
[NOT anti-gone!]
=]

Or maybe I'll just be a working bum the rest of my life.
And in today's society, bum is the correct word.
In this economic crisis, it's ridiculous.
How vague.
It's ridiculous that the status-quo is still pricey clothes,
pricey homes
pricey yards
pricey cars
[then complain about gas]
pricey t.v.'s
pricey furniture
blah blah blah
etc.
[/vent about the economy]

At least we aren't living in Hoovervilles. =P

No comments: