Sunday, April 26, 2009

The dreaded survey...

[01] Do you have the guts to answer these questions and re-post as The Controversial Survey? Sure.

[02] Would you do meth if it was legal? No. My body isn't an amusement park. (movie reference. 438975893476893 bonus points to whoever gets that reference.)

[03] Abortion: for or against it? Yes and no. I believe in a woman's choice, but I do not believe in murder. *sigh* Okay, so if a woman was raped and became pregnant, she should look at all the options. She could face the wrath of society when they see that she became pregnant and has no spouse OR boyfriend to speak of. Her good name and reputation are at stake. People will start talking about how she is a slut or something. Unless she wants to announce that she was raped.. then she will get the sympathy from people and also people will start the whole, "she's just saying that as a cover-up." She didn't CHOOSE to be raped, so why should she face the music for it? BUT, it would take a very noble and brave woman to be raped and keep the child, or have the child adopted. In instances where the woman's life is in danger to keep the child, I think abortion is acceptable. If the doctor tells a woman that her child will be born with a deformity or inability and she chooses to abort... I have a few things I'd like to say, but, well, "being a Christian woman, I can't." (Movie reference, bonus points to anyone who gets it.)

[04] Do you think the world would fail with a female US president? It really depends on the woman. Some women are AMAZING and efficient leaders. The world should not, and can not be led by just penises. What are men without women? =]

[05] Do you believe in the death penalty? No and yes. *sigh* (again) Okay, I don't believe that WE should decide who lives and who doesn't. That isn't our job as human beings. That is God's job. But, with that said.. there are some people who are just too much of a hazard to keep alive in a jail system for years on end, especially with the lust of money and power that could be granted through the release of a high-stake prisoner. Imagine for a moment that Saddam Hussein is caught but there is no such thing as a death sentence. Now imagine that one of his guards is going through a rough time in life, his wife wears the pants, he hates that fact, and his money supply is low. Smart people, [and most criminals are smart, yet idiots... yes...] pick up on stuff like that. Now, Saddam has the hook ups if he can get out. He can hook this guard up with power and money IF he is released. Give this guard a few months or years and he can make it happen. If Saddam is killed, well, problem eliminated. Stuff happens. OH and another reason for death penalty? I DON'T WANT TO PAY 328597389 DOLLARS IN TAXES TO KEEP THESE ROTTEN PEOPLE FED, CLOTHED AND PAMPERED. Yup. I said it.

[06] Do you wish marijuana would be legalized already? Yes. If it were legalized cops would have better things to do besides busting marijuana sellers... like solve cases that needed to be solved months ago. And, once the luxury of it being legalized is over, it won't be such a thriller. Doing illegal drugs has such a thrill, but once it is legalized it loses some of it's power. Ask the Dutch.

[07] Are you for or against premarital sex? Yeah. It is probably the stupidest thing you could ever do. No offense to anyone who HAS done it.. it just doesn't really make sense to have pre-marital sex.

[08] Do you believe in God ? I sure do…I’ve mentioned Him a few times already.

[09] Do you think same sex marriage should be legalized? "Okay, here goes. I’m all for gay rights. I think that it is terrible when people discriminate because of a person’s lifestyle. So what if they’re gay ? They are still children of God ! Gayness does not = bad people. Gayness doesn’t equal anything besides homosexual attraction. Go ahead and live your life the way that you want…but don’t call it marriage. Marriage is a divine institution started by God when he put Adam and Eve together. Marriage is between a man and a woman with the intention of having a family. I also believe that gay couples should not adopt. Children need both a male and female role model. There are some things that women are better at with kids, and some things that men are better at with kids." --Gabe's answer. I can't put it any better than this.

[10] Do you think it's wrong that so many immigrants are moving into the country? Legally, yes. I love culture and I love that America is full of it.. Just do so legally, please?

[11] A twelve year old girl has a baby, should she keep it? Hmm. I think this girl needs to learn a serious lesson, and if the parents are able to, and are amazing, they should keep the baby and their girl should have to care for the girl to learn that lesson. UNLESS it was rape, then the girl should totally give that baby up for adoption.

[12] Should the alcohol age be kept at 21? Guhhhh. I hate alcohol. I look through pictures of old friends and see pictures of parties where there is serious drinking... it makes me sad. I hate that stuff, I hate what it has done to family members, I hate what it is DOING to family members, I hate it so much.

[13] Should the war in Iraq be called off? What about Vietnam? OH we didn't belong there and went anyway? OH and it lasted like, 2o years? OH. OH AND WE'RE DOING THIS AGAIN? Screw it.

[14] Assisted suicide is illegal: do you agree? In the hospital sense, I think if a patient is terminal and is going to die, but his death is going to be painful, then yes. There are instances where I believe in assisted suicide. If a patient wants to take his life, isn't that his right? If someone on the street who is healthy and able to keep living wants to take his life cause he just hates his life, that's an issue, but a person who is going to die and it is painful for him/her and his/her family to see the patient suffering... by all means, HAVE MERCY.

[15] Do you believe in spanking your children? There is a fine line between spanking and abuse. I believe that once you start hitting, it has the potential to progress. RARELY would I ever consider hitting my child.

[16] Would you burn your countries flag for a million dollars? No. It's the biggest disrespect to America. I may hate America every other day of my life, but I don't disrespect America.

[17] Who do you think would have made a better US president? I'll tell you in about 3.5 years.

[18] What is the biggest problem with society that needs to be dealt with? Intolerance. Plain and simple. Stop being intolerant and judgmental.

[19] Are you afraid others will judge you from reading some of your answers? Judge for all I care. I'll just know who my real friends are... cause they won't be judging.

1 comment:

Dixiecup full of dreams said...

Judging aside, I'd like to discuss the context of this; "Children need both a male and female role model."
What about single parents? Children in such families do not have both role models in the form of parents. I've found that role models do not always come in the form of parents. It's your aunt and uncles, your coaches, big brothers and sisters, even younger siblings, your boss, a co-worker, the random cashier you started talking to at the grocery store a block over that your single parent sends you to for random things, and that you go to with said single parent every week for big shopping. My mother was a single parent for seven years, and I found role models in my whole family, especially my grandparents and aunts. I also feel that statement is kind of sexist, someone's range of knowledge and abilities is not based upon gender in my eyes.