Friday, November 6, 2009

139.

I went to dismiss my sister from school today. Just a "I feel like plucking her from the hell called High School" feeling. Well, the office ladies informed me that I'm not authorized to do that. What? Not only am I listed as an emergency contact for my sister, but I am 19 and considered an adult by society. I can get a credit card but not my sister? So, I asked what my options were. Well, I can call my mom and ask for her permission to remove Christina from class. How do they know I am calling my mother and not a pizza place? I could call my home phone and pretend to have this conversation with my 'mother' and remove my sister that way. Apparently, you have to be 25 to dismiss any child from school. UNLESS you're under the age of 25 and the child you're trying to dismiss is YOUR child. Yes my friends, there is a clause in school policies that allow you to dismiss your child from school even if you are not yet 25. But as for me? I can't take my sister out of school because, alas, I am not 25. The office lady also informed me that 19 is just a number. As opposed to 25? I wanted to ask. Oh no, being 25 validates you. I can fight a war, bear arms, buy cigarettes, play lotto, ruin my credit, take out student loans, be arrested as an adult, but I can't remove my sister from school.

Oh society.

No comments: