Sunday, June 21, 2009

Tall, blonde and athletic

Why does this guy go for the same girl time after time?
Why do so many go for this kind of girl?
I wish I were born in the age of Rome when women were portrayed as not stick thin, round faces, brown eyes and brown hair and BEAUTIFUL.
Gosh, those were the days.

Why does he have to be so amazing and so "higher than thou?"
Why does he have to just bring a smile to my face?
Why do I have this feeling like I need to like any girl he considers dating to see if she is good enough for him?
Why does he describe the perfect girl as tall, blonde and athletic?
When was perfection based on looks?
Sure, after that he adds in the whole, "and wicked spiritually righteous."
BUT STILL.

This isn't about me saying that I wish I were with him, just, I wish his standards weren't so saturated with how a girl looks. I mean, maybe he does.. but the thing is that most bothers me is that she MUST be athletic.

Ms. Bingley, sister to Mr. Bingley, friend to Mr. Darcy described how perfect a woman must be in all the fine arts and anything less was mediocre. Sometimes in this culture, I feel the same way.

I don't dance ballroom or western.
I don't sew.
I don't go to the temple weekly. [But would like to start on that goal.]
I don't know anything about kids.
I don't ... know.

[/rant]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh gosh
this pained me to read