Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Next chapter

I'm tired of being the one to try and reach out.


I'm entering a new chapter of my life: the last year of my teenage years.
You know how I'm going to celebrate?


...


I'm going to decorate my jeans with permanent marker.
I might color my hair a drastic color... [Dark dark brown or blonde?]
I'm going to buy a new pair of jeans, [the presentable kind.]
I'm going to be eating cake for about a week straight.
I might paint my nails.
I will eat nothing but brussel sprouts for an entire day.
I will drink so much kool-ade I will be saying "OHHHHH Yeaaahhhh" without meaning to.
I will decorate every paper I need to hand in on Friday with cupcakes and candles with big print that says, "I'M NINETEEN TODAY!"
I'm going to prepare my papers like every good Mormon boy. [total jk]
I will sleep in. . . [I do that anyway]
I will re-read the only really good teen-fiction book I have, Just Listen.
I will do my homework. UGH.





Oh, and one last thing,
I will know who my friends are.
I still love the kid, but he has changed so much, and he is not the person I knew when I left home.
[Meggie, please take no offense to this; it has nothing to do with you. I think you're amazing and a good friend. =D ]

He knows what to say to hurt me, just like Andrew knew what to say. He knows exactly what subtle little things will push my buttons, and he will push them.

Maybe I have changed. After all, "people don't change, we change." --> Andy Warhol
But I still feel like he is the one who has changed.

Tom: I[we] weaseled our way out of an english term paper
5:12 PM me: WHATTT? How did you get out of the like, 589372583 page torture?
Tom: It wasn't that hard.
I ended up doing a book report. That was like 3 pages typed.
On a god bashing book.
It was epic.
5:13 PM And i got a hundred.
woot.
me: Who is your English teach?
Tom: capello
5:14 PM me: Dang, well, that's cool.
Tom: Yep.
5:15 PM me: I"m pretty glad I had so much experience writing wicked long papers, cause now it is so freakin' easy to just do a six page paper.
Tom: Yeah.
5:16 PM I don't need to do papers that are gay though. I can do a paper on chemical structure of neopropylene like nothing.
5:17 PM something like analyze the protagonist of whatever is dumb.
me: Tom... just because you have your opinion, and you know it, doesn't mean you need to demean other people and what they enjoy doing.
5:19 PM Tom: I was just saying.
5:20 PM me: You were just saying in a very negative and vengeful way. I don't want to analyze your words but I do want you to know that what you say highly affects other people. It is very easy to say something that will feel like a personal attack to others.
5:21 PM Tom: Yeah, well.
Whatever.

HE THEN SIGNED OFFLINE,


5:23 PM me: That was very immature. I didn't expect such conduct from someone who used to have such a high demeanor. You have changed a lot, and I don't appreciate your negative attitude. I hope graduation goes well for you and that you are able to succeed in your college career.

No comments: