I'm so bloody frustrated. It's like, all this semester it's a cakewalk and midterms come and it's not hard at all, but then, this last week and a half, it's like, OH by the way, this assignment is going to be a lot more in depth than the last one that was just like it, or, OH we're going to make it so that you can't access the internet where ALL OF YOUR ASSIGNMENTS ARE for 2 days. Did we say 2? We meant 5. So now teachers feeling the heat of the deadline say, OH it isn't your fault that the internet was down, we totally understand. So can you do the assignments that you had to do last week by 10pm tonight? Yes all of them, don't be silly. Your other teacher wants you to do the same? Well, great minds think alike! By the way, your group presentation tomorrow needs to be 15 minutes long.
I kind of wish I had a longer semester.
I go to school where the semester is only 12 weeks long.
It feels like 12 days.
Most schools are 16 weeks long.
What is 4 weeks?
Here is what 4 weeks are.
Take your 4 extra weeks and shove them somewhere back into 12 weeks. Blend well!
I have to do the same amount of work that any other college student does, I just have less time to do it. My 2 credit classes are more demanding than my 3 credit classes. DOES THAT EVEN MAKE SENSE TO YOU?
Allegedly, a 2 credit class demands 4 hours of homework a week. However, I usually end up doing 8 hours of homework for 2 of my 2credit classes.
If I get a poor grade, I'm just going to take it again.
Yeah, it's a waste of time, but hey, I'm going to be staying year round here and doing 3 semesters and a block period. That is a lot of time. That is kind of a lot of money... but I will have to figure it out... or just get married.
There isn't anything I really want to do.
I don't want to study anything in particular.
I don't want any particular kind of job.
I want to read good books, raise good children and have an amazing husband whom I would love and I want him to have a good job. Is that a huge problem? I hate grades because if I don't do well, then wow, I feel so stupid, but the thing is, is that I know I'm not. I just suck at HUGE LENGTHY assignments that take up HOURS of my time. I am average when it comes to tests, but the more questions you stick on a test, the worse I'm going to do.
I feel like I'm not designed for your typical school system.
I don't learn when I have hours of homework.
I don't learn by reading 100 pages of literary analysis notes.
I learn when I try to do those things but then go to class and you talk about them.
I can't just read some huge in depth reading and then analyze what an insect symbolized when it stung a sinner in Dante's version of Hell. Maybe YOU can, but I can't.
Sad thing is, I'm only taking 13 credits.
I hope as I get more into my major things even out a little bit.
[English education and theatre minor]
I like reading.
I like writing.
I don't like being told what to read and how to analyze it.
I don't like being told "WRITE EXACTLY THIS"
This I promise though:
This last week is going to kill my grades because of stress, classes that shouldn't exist and WON'T exist after this week, excessive readings, lengthy papers and huge presentations along with numerous group meetings and too many tests. But I also promise this: I can't let it happen next time. . . and I need my ultimate motivator to help me. I miss you Becca. ='[
Sometimes friends, true friends, tell you what you don't want to hear
but it is exactly what you need to hear.
1 comment:
if i was a dude, i'd propose and then let you read books and play with kids!
Post a Comment