"And I'm still waiting for the rain to fall
Pour real life down on me
'Cause I can't hold on to anything this
Good enough
Am I good enough
For you to love me too?"
-Amy Lee-
"Well your faith was strong, but you needed proof
You saw her bathing on the roof
Her beauty in the moonlight overthrew you
And she tied you to her kitchen chair
And she broke your throne, and she cut your hair
And from your lips you drew the hallelujah
Hallelujah, hallelujah
Hallelujah, hallelujah
Maybe there is a God above
But all I've ever learned from love
Was how to shoot somebody who outdrew you
And it's not a cry that you hear at night
It's not somebody who's seen the light
It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah"
-Jeff Buckley-
"Here's the day you hoped would never come
Don't feed me violence just run with me
Through rows of speeding cars
The paper cuts, the cheating lovers
The coffees never strong enough
I know you think it's more than just bad luck
There, there baby, it's just textbook stuff
It's in the ABC of growing up
Now, now darling, oh don't loose your head
'Cause none of us were angels and you know I love you
Yeah"
-Imogen Heap-
"But as strong as I seem to think I am my distressing damsel,
She comes out at night when the moon's filled up and your eyes are
bright, then I think I simply aught to
Fall over, fall over, fall overboard, overboard.
Fall overboard just so you can catch me.
You can catch me.
I watch the ships go sailing by
I play the girl will you play the guy.
And I never thought I'd be the type
to fall"
-Ingrid Michaelson-
"I'm coming up only to hold you under
I'm coming up only to show you wrong
And to know you is hard and we wonder
To know you all wrong, we were
Really too late to call, so we wait for
Morning to wake you; it's all we got
To know me as hardly golden
Is to know me all wrong, they were
At every occasion I'll be ready for a funeral
At every occasion once more it's called a funeral
Every occasion oh I'm ready for the funeral
At every occasion of one brilliant day funeral"
-Band of Horses-
"she was the one love of my life, and i let her go
and if i look like death today,
then please let her know
i never wanted to do harm to her
i only wanted her to see
the beauty of the world surrounding her
but when she opened up her eyes
it's much too late
our chance has gone
she's with a guy
who takes the price for everything i ever showed her
digging all the fun
because she's older
i fed her with a spoon
i made her mother smile
i helped the kid survive
she was the one love of my life,
she showed me the road
i loved her dog, her steady gaze, the chapter is closed
i always wanted all the best for her
the best thing was to stay away
she grew up and she left the rest of us
and now the understanding's gone"
-Belle and Sebastian-
"The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds, and that's what you've given me. That's what I hope to give to you forever."
-Noah; the Notebook-
"Summer romances begin for all kinds of reasons, but when all is said and done, they have one thing in common. They're shooting stars, a spectacular moment of light in the heavens, fleeting glimpse of eternity, and in a flash they're gone. "
-Noah; the Notebook-
I love you. From the day I met you I knew I would grow to love you. And I appreciate everything we have gone through. Please know that I will always love you, no matter what happens; I will ALWAYS be here. I would rather us go on as we are, but I know that is entirely impossible for you and I respect your reasons and decision. I respect you. But I could see our lives entwined as one, I really could. I can't see the future, nor do I pretend to, but I could completely imagine our future, and I know you could imagine it, too.
I'll be honest, I don't want to date around, really. Not after what we just had and could possibly have in the future. Frankly, I just don't think there is anyone around here I would like to date, really. But there is always college and that frightens me a bit. The thought of you dating other girls doesn't perturb me all that much, its just the thought of you getting serious with them. That is what makes me queasy the most.
I don't want to be just number sixteen to you.
I want to be more than that in your memory.
I knew what I was getting myself in for this summer.
I knew I'd get attached,
I had NO idea, however, I'd get THIS attached.
♥
No comments:
Post a Comment